<$BlogRSDUrl$>

All comments welcome - post right here, or send me e-mail.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Chinese school. I was getting really bored during the days here because everybody I know here actually DOES something. Whereas I'm here on vacation. Anyway, the classes are about $6CDN/hr and are taught by two teachers, a hyper one who walks to us like we're 5 years old and one who's talks to us in standard, fast Taiwanese Mandarin. My class consists of 7 people (4 Japanese girls, a young American highschooler from Colorado, and a CBC from Toronto), plus an eighth guy (who is reputedly the singer Nicky Lee) that is apparently never there (argh!). Met some other Americans in the neighbouring class too.

Da bian shao! The first or second night here I went to eat Da Ban Shao / Wen Zi Shao with Rita's friends - Julian (Rita's rapster friend who apparently is casted in a Taiwanese drama), Musee (a professional trendsetter and foot-massage fan from NYC), Calvin (software programmer), and Lydia (works at a club at Taipei 101). Anyway, about the food - it's Japanese, and basically consists of a whole bunch of crap that's served with batter and fried (by YOU) on a Teppanyaki-style grill. Takes awhile to cook and doesn't really taste as great as it should. Eh.

Partyworld. Went KTV for Julian's birthday. The KTVs here are unbelievable - 10 floors, chock full with rooms that are twice as large and twice as well-equipped as the best KTV you could find in Vancouver. Hoochie mama!

This Internet Cafe. The 24-hour internet cafe here has like 80 machines, 2 floors, and smoking/nonsmoking sections! Why do people go here? Well, as I type, everybody around me is playing some sort of online RPG.

Bar 45. Went to Bar 45 with Devon and her friends the other day. Crap, it'd been the first time I had that much beer for awhile. I stumbled home and was to afraid to take a shower because I was so tipsy. No more drinking for me for awhile!

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial. Visited this place with my friend who works in Taipei University Hospital. It's beautiful at night! Laser lights everywhere and it's realy quiet... which is rare for Taipei.

Taipei 101. Visited this place with my friend here who works in a medical device company. Didn't climb to the top of the tower though... spent more time playing a Japanese drum game at the arcade. Ooh I so kick ass at that.
Comments:
YEEESSSS!!!. Even the Taiwanese are being infected by online RPG's!! It will only be time when one Taiwanese will kill another over a cybersword. MWA HA HA HA!!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?