<$BlogRSDUrl$>

All comments welcome - post right here, or send me e-mail.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Brevity-ness is next to godliness. Due to high demand and my personal laziness, I'm making these posts short and sweet.

Long plane ride. Spent 16 hours on a plane! Toronto => Detroit => Osaka => Taipei. Had the exit seat, which sucked, and the anal Northwest Airlines attendant repeatedly insulted my intelligence, at one point chastizing me for putting my books on the emergency exit door - "if you had read the safety card you'd know you're not supposed to do that!" - when really the safety card says squat about not placing items on the door panel. "If you cannot understand the safety card instructions, I can get another passenger to replace you!" Hmph! Met two nice flight attendants, Mo and Kay. Eh.

Staying in Taipei. I was received at the airport warmly by who else than SMEETA, Taiwan's next hottest sensation! It just turned out that she had extra room in her apartment and was hankering for bodies to fill them, so I volunteered. Actually I really couldn't ask for a better person to spend a few weeks with - she's been nothing but upbeat, helpful, and inspiring. Which I really need after being void of all things fun for 5 months. Ooh her cable goes up to channel 116 too. Which brings me to...

Taiwanese TV. Omigosh I am addicted to Taiwanese TV! I spent my first night in Taiwan channel-surfing, and found the forbidden adult channels. The thing was, adult channels here aren't explicit - they just have interesting content - like a game show where they make girls in bikinis play twister, or loads and loads of infomercials on sexual stamina treatments and breast enlargement. So far my fave TV show is a Japanese import called Super Bun Man (Mianbao Chaoren)! Huh, so what it's for 5-year olds. Shut up!

Wandering. Got lost a couple times trying to make my way around Taipei. The details are boring. The MRT here is just like Singapore's - amazing! Much cleaner than TTC too.

Bookshop street. Went to a street full of bookshops near New Taiwan University Hospital.

TBC
Comments:
Hey Tony,
Nice to talk to you online today!You sound like a nice person!:-)Wish you have a nice weekend!Ciao!
Friendy xxxx
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?